Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Post DTS// Pre-Staffing

Hey guys! I have been so busy the past several weeks I have been totally slacking on my blogging, my apologies.

I'm going to try and take you guys through the past month or so of my life without being too boring or long winded. If you are way behind on my adventures, I have officially graduated my DTS! Graduation night was awesome. God was so present and it was incredible to worship with my YWAM family one last time before they all left for home. The following day we had an Honoring night, which is where we gather as a school and fill each other up with affirmations and truths before they send us off. It was probably my favorite and least favorite night of DTS as a whole. It was so great to speak life into other's and to receive affirmations myself. God did so much in our group and our hearts that night. It was my least favorite night of DTS too because it started the farewells. I wasn't expecting to get so attached to these lovely group of people or having such a hard time saying goodbye to them.

After four long, emotional days of goodbyes, it was my turn to leave the nest. Nora and I were headed to Brisbane for a bit of R and R and to explore the state we have been living in for the past few months. The first night was a bit of an adventure! We took a bus to Brisbane and took to the streets in search of a hostel for us to spend the night in. Luckily they take walk-ins! We finally found one around 9pm and it was definitely a completely different atmosphere compared to YWAM. I had gone from my nice little Christian bubble where no one really smoked, drank, or swore to an environment that very closely resembled a frat party around the clock. We only stayed one night and while we talked to a few people, we left so early in the morning we didn't get the chance to make any really impactful friendships.

Tylah came riding in on her silver steed to sweep us away and take us exploring. It was so great to get to see Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast, and Bribie Island from a local perspective. She took us to all of her favorite nature trails and quiet time spots. I have to say there is something really special about reading your Bible on top of a mountain. Tylah also took us to an Aussie-rules game which is kind of like if someone took American football, rugby, and basketball and pressed puree on the blender. It was a super fun game to watch though I doubt I understood it as much as I thought I did. We also had a lot of time to hang out with Tylah's family and do some minor chores around the house which helped me feel a little more comfortable. One of our last days with Tylah was spent at Australia Zoo which is wicked cool! They have a bunch of training exercises and such that people can come and watch. It reminded me of working at the zoo at home!

While I had a absolute blast at Tylah's and got to sort out my emotions and thoughts from DTS, I am so excited to be back home on base. I've been back almost a week now and while it was another transition it still feels like home. I'm pretty much moved in and have started some minor jobs around the base. My roommate is awesome and hilarious, so I think we will get along fine, as long as I don't drive her too nuts while she's training me in the office! New staff members are coming Friday and then staff orientation starts Monday, I'm so excited for this next chapter of my life!

Thanks so much for all your support and prayers!

Much love from Toowoomba,

Kate


No comments:

Post a Comment